bug in DHCPv6 option parse for on commit {} ?

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Fri Dec 23 13:54:38 UTC 2016

Bill,

Thank you for the response.

That wouldn't necessarily give you the actual lease time, however, would it? It seems like it would give you the setting that you have in the pool6 {} statement.

For example, if the client asked for a 3600 second lease but the server was configured for 28800 second lease, the server would give the client the 3600 second lease right? At least that was how it worked in IPv4/DHCPv4. So then you would log that the lease was 28800 when it was actually 3600 yes? Or is the server the absolute authority on lease times in DHCPv6?