Assign IP Range to specific AP

Ashley M. Kirchner kirash4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:35:11 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk>
wrote:

> > ... the APs are also Ubiquity UniFi APs.
>
> Good choice IMO - I've put a lot of those in.

I love those things. I have one at my house, paired with an EdgeRouter Pro.
Ultimately the goal is to do a similar thing here, but it's further down
the list unfortunately and dealing with limited IT funds is tricky. It will
happen, it just takes time, and this wrench is causing problems at the
moment.

Gregory Sloop <gregs at sloop.net> wrote:

> Again, I don't know your situation, but if your job is asking you to
sacrifice security and can't cough up, say, $500 to fix this problem right,
then, IMO, I would be looking for another job.

Yeah, that's not it. It's dealing with a limited budget and having to
prioritize things. This specific wrench was not on the list to be done when
the budget was approved. I already tapped into next quarter's budget by
getting this third AP (granted, they're not a whole lot of money, but a
budget is a budget, and we're asked to adhere to it.) And yes, I could
probably just get a managed switch, but someone will be asking questions
when later I end up getting the actual EdgeRouter that's going to replace
the current multi-homed machine. Like "Why are you getting another one? Why
is this more expensive? Why ... why ... why ..." I could also push it up on
the list and get the EdgeRouter now, but that will mess up the schedule of
other things that need to happen BEFORE the switch over. Having a procedure
list is great ... until something or someone messes with it.