Assign IP Range to specific AP

Ashley M. Kirchner kirash4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:56:42 UTC 2016

Our network has three different access points (AP), all of them connected
to the same subnet. Two of them are being used for the employees in the
building, and the third one is a guest AP. DHCPd is currently configured so
that all the pools are denying unknown-clients. For the public AP, I have
to create a (public) pool that does allow unknown-clients, but how would I
restrict that pool to only assign IPs to devices connecting through that
one AP? Right now if any unknown client connects through the other APs or
directly through the network, that (public) pool assigns an IP. I don't
want that. I only want the (public) pool to assign IPs if the device is
connected through that one open AP, and deny any other unknown clients that
connect through any other means.

Is that possible?