key conflict message for create host by Omapi

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 07:13:30 UTC 2015

Clodoaldo de Borba Lambiase <clodoaldo at cpd.ufrgs.br> wrote:

> I'm trying to enable duplicate MACs in different subnets for ISC DHCP- 4.3.3 with OMAPI host entries. I have two IPs with the same MAC address in different subnets.

It sounds like you are trying to do via OMAPI the equivalent of this in the config file

host "blah1" { hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ff ; ip address 192.168.1.123 ; }
host "blah2" { hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ff ; ip address 192.168.2.123 ; }

IIRC this doesn't work.

What you can do though is this :
host "blah" { hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ff ; ip address 192.168.1.123, 192.168.2.123 ; }
ie provide a list of IP addresses for the host - and if one of those addresses matches the subnet then it is used, otherwise it just creates a "known host" which (subject ot any allow/deny restrictions) will get a dynamic address.

So you might see if you can set a list of IPs via OMAPI.