DHCPDv6 and fixed hosts, not appearing in logs

sillysausage sillysausage at privatedemail.net
Wed Nov 18 14:53:33 UTC 2015

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 06:42:17 +0100 (CET)
sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:

> > I fixed the problem!
> >
> > It seems DHCPv6 was only sending RA packets not any DHCPv6 type.
>
> I strongly doubt that ISC dhcp is sending RA packets. RA is supposed
> to be sent by routers.

That was miss-wording on my part. radvd was sending the RA. There
wasn't any DHCPv6 traffic. Though I did notice some with udhcpc and
dhclient.

> > The trick was to upgrade to dhcpcd 6.9.3 or use
> > ipv6ra_accept_nopublic in dhcpcd.conf.
>
> dhcpcd != ISC dhcp

Yeah I'm aware of that. I just find that dhcpcd is better for debugging
what is going on, assuming it is working :)

> I'm glad to see you've solved your problem. However, It doesn't seem
> to be related to ISC dhcp.

Indeed.