[Bug Report] key conflict message for create host by OMAPI

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:33:46 UTC 2015

On 5 November 2015 at 18:37, Clodoaldo de Borba Lambiase
<clodoaldo at cpd.ufrgs.br> wrote:
> It is a little different from what people have suggested because I would like to be able to remove and insert 'host' entries by omapi using the ip as unique identifier.
> Without use the IP as unique identifier I would have to update or remove and reinsert the host entry.

How will OMAPI be able to know which one of the many host statements
with the same "name" you want to remove? Did you write a crystal ball
routine? A unique key is there for a reason.

Updating a single host record to include multiple IP addresses is much
cleaner and programatically safer.

Steve