ipv6 and failover

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Tue Jun 23 11:07:16 UTC 2015

> I was afraid for that answer :-(
>
> Are there in the meantime any work-arounds to have some kind of a redundancy, how are Internet providers solving this problem, or aren$,1ry(Bt they?

There are no solutions today (that I know of) if you need customers to
*keep the same IPv6 addresses* in a failover scenario.

If you *don't* need the customers to keep the same addresses: Simply
configure two (or more) DHCPv6 servers with non-overlapping address
pools. IPv6 addresses are not a scarce resource...

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no