Monitoring Failover Recovery

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Tue Jun 16 19:14:12 UTC 2015

SM> My secondary server comes out of recovery and recognizes that its peer
SM> holds all free leases.
SM> The primary server is stuck in recovery.

SM> How can I see where and why it is stuck? What can I do to push it out of
SM> recovery?

SM> On 06/12/2015 02:59 PM, Sean McMurray wrote:
>> I brought up two failover peers which went immediately into recovery.
>> They serve a pool of 6000 ips and have an mclt of 60. But they don't
>> seem to come out of recovery.
>> Is there a way to monitor recovery progress?

What do you mean that the secondary comes out of recovery? [How do you know this?]
The two servers should be in the same state - "communications interrupted" or "normal" [or some other state]

Are you saying that one server thinks communications is "normal" and the other doesn't. [By reading the logs...]

Since I'm not at all sure what the actual status of both servers [logs would be helpful] I can't really help you figure out what's going on.

-Greg