failover and loadbalance for relayed requests

Cuttler, Brian (HEALTH) brian.cuttler at health.ny.gov
Wed Jun 3 15:58:51 UTC 2015

I had wondered about that, seemed to me that was the mechanism to determine which server replied what percentage of the time, since allocation of IP addresses is not going to do the job, you have to decide to answer based on the question, not on the pool size.

I did not understand that after reading most of the FAQ yesterday, I did not follow up with the referenced FAQ having to do with the pool split, which is not the correct term for this.

Thanks - about to implement this at my site and this discussion was very timely for me.