Restricting leases

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:53:57 UTC 2015

No problem. Also so you are aware, if you want security on said
subnet/network segment the previous use of hardware matching with classing
assigned to each/any subnet you wish to implement this white list of
devices with would be further enhanced through the use authenticated MAC
services as this feature within a dhcpd.conf configuration will only
prevent known/unknown devices from automatically obtaining a set of
configuration options (hostname, ip, gateway, bootp/pxe services) for the
given lease.

A user with some information of the network segment may simply assign these
values and then utilize the network.