One IP for several Interfaces

Алексей Прокопчук alexpro at homelan.lg.ua
Sat Feb 21 11:15:03 UTC 2015

21.02.2015 00:59, John Wobus пишет:
> But if it's connected twice to the same broadcast
> domain
I mean exactly that. Two interfaces in same system can cause IP address
conflict in this case. If conflict detected, only one interface will up
finally, and all traffic will go through this one.
If wired and wireless interfaces connected to same ethernet segment with
same IP address, and conflict not detected, two identical routes will
up. System can use only one of routes. And traffic finally will go
through selected route. So, interface with inactive route will be
"silent", and will not affect the flow of traffic.

But, in any case, such a connection is wrong. In general, it is unclear
what may be necessary to use both interfaces simultaneously.

Sorry, my English is not very good, maybe I mistaken somewhere. I
sometimes difficult to properly speak.

With best regards, Alexey Prokopchuk (AP8686-RIPE)