New project proposal: FOSDDI

Sallee, Jake Jake.Sallee at umhb.edu
Thu Dec 17 22:42:20 UTC 2015

Hello all!

<Disclaimer>

This is my first post to this list, please forgive me if I posted this announcement to the wrong list.  Please also feel free to notify me of any other location you feel this information would be well received.

</Disclaimer>

I am starting a new project and I am attempting to gauge the interest level of the community.

The project is to create a Free Open Source DHCP, DNS, and IPAM solution.  I have written a short introductory document that explains the project and its goals. the project is hosted on GitHub:

https://github.com/GodfatherOfBandwidth/FOSDDI

For those who may be too busy to read the document here is a TL;DR version.

Commercial DDI solutions are expensive and all the necessary components to create an excellent free open source DDI are available today.  All that remains is to find a way to link these projects together.  Doing so will create a robust infrastructure that can be managed from a single interface, provide better documentation of resources, and generally lessen the monotony of documenting and provisioning your DHCP and DNS environment.

If you are interested or would like to ask a question please feel free to post your thoughts on the GitHib page listed above.

Jake Sallee
Godfather of Bandwidth
System Engineer
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor