Wrong data layout for DHCPv6 option bootfile-param?

Celelibi celelibi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 23:35:10 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've seen that the DHCPv6 option 60 has been implemented. However, I
think the data layout sent on the network is wrong with respect to the
RFC 5970.

The current implementation send this option as a single string. I.e. a
16 bits integer representing the size of the string and the sequence
of bytes of the string.

The RFC 5970 say that the data layout of this option start with the
total byte size on a 16 bits integer, followed by a sequence of
strings (length + bytes).

Have I understood something wrong or is this really a bug from the dhcpd?

Best regards,
Celelibi