Retaining information between DHCP requests

Simon Hobson simon at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 18:06:01 UTC 2014

Bill Shirley <Bill at Henagar.PolymerIndustries.biz> wrote:

> I'm thinking that the subsequent DHCPREQUEST is going to ask for a specific address on the first subnet.

The problem is that you have nothing to prevent a kickstart client getting and address from the wrong pool in the first place. You need an allow|deny members of ... clause in every pool to guarantee the initial discover get the right address - but that then breaks when the subsequent request doesn't match the right pool permissions.