Changing output from error to info

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Tue Nov 11 15:22:13 UTC 2014

Please consider this scenario:
I manage DHCP servers in a large environment.  The DHCP server is either in
a Data Center server subnet, or a core router subnet, neither of which use
DHCP.  They serve many client subnets, using DHCP forwarding on the
routers.  So I have no need to configure DHCP for the local subnet other
than to make DHCP happy.  It is likely in the future that the DHCP servers
might be handled like my DNS servers - the server is managed by the Server
group, and DNS or DHCP is just my "application" that runs on that server.
And if they decide to add another interface for monitoring, or backups, or
whatever, I should not have to update by DHCP configuration.  I want to be
able to tell DHCP either "only listen to interfaces I tell you about and
ignore the others" or "listen to regular packets from any interface".   I
have no need for the raw packet handling in my environment.

Unfortunately, I cannot sponsor the changes needed, nor make them myself,
so I understand if no one makes them.  But I hope you understand why I
think these changes are reasonable and would be happy if someone could make
them.

--
Bob Harold
University of Michigan