Upgrading from ISC DHCP 3.0.5 to 4.1 or 4.2 appears to break dhcp-overload function

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Mar 10 21:25:53 UTC 2014

On 03/10/2014 01:46 PM, Patrick Trapp wrote:
> We have been running ISC DHCP 3.0.5 and trying to position ourselves for
> an upgrade to new 'hardware' and a new version of ISC DHCP. When we
> tried the upgrade, we had to back out because many of the clients failed
> to get addresses.

It would be a lot easier to help if we had an example of a config file
that works in 3.x. We have already seen other examples of the parser
being more strict in 4.x, so with any kind of luck it's just something
that can be fixed that way.

Another question that comes to mind is what clients are getting
addresses, and what clients are not? Is there a pattern between types of
network definitions?

hth,

Doug