Static IP via Option 82 - methodology

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Thu Jan 9 14:42:03 UTC 2014

Is this the way to do it?

------------------------

host 10-24-24-9 { option agent.circuit-id = "1.21.1.4/Ethernet9"; fixed-address 10.24.24.9; } # static by option 82 (with host line)?

It seems to pass syntax tests and the DHCP server will run. Will it actually match and assign the address though?

Wanted to check thoughts here before I deploy this on a running system (which is the only place we can test that actually has option 82 available).