Configuring DHCP Server with Infiniband

Jiri Popelka jpopelka at redhat.com
Mon Jan 6 14:21:56 UTC 2014

On 12/24/2013 10:40 AM, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> I downloaded dhcp-4.2.5-P1 and compiled it gave me the:
>
> Unsupported device type 32 for "ib0"
>
> error.
>
> Then I found this thread on the list:
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2013-April/016653.html
>
> The patches referred aren't there anymore,

They're here:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/dhcp.git/plain/dhcp-lpf-ib.patch
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/dhcp.git/plain/dhcp-improved-xid.patch
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/dhcp.git/plain/dhcp-gpxe-cid.patch

(currently against dhcp-4.3.0a1)
> so I continued searching and found them here:
> https://github.com/PhantomX/slackbuilds/tree/master/dhcp/patches
>
> However they don't seem to be patches against 4.2.5 at all, they
> assume code is there that actually isn't,

Yes, the problem is we have many patches and these are somewhere in the
middle on the list of applied patches, so they're expected to be applied
on already-patched code.

> I'm trying to manually
> resolve the conflicts but if someone can give me some pointers I would
> hugely appreciate it.

I guess manually resolving conflicts is the only way.

--
Jiri