DHCP Across Wireless Bridge

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jan 1 09:35:21 UTC 2014

Well just an FYI, I've now been able to look at our bridge setup - though we're using EnGenius at both ends.

The client is configured as "Client Bridge" in System Properties (so apologies, I may have given you a duff steer before), and I currently have one DHCP client (a Linksys WRT54G router) at the other side. It's an EOC-5610 (one of the 5.8G units), running version 1.3.1 software. I've done nothing special to make DHCP work across the link - it appears to us as a just a transparent L2 switch.
The AP is the same model (but with external omni antenna) set in "Access point" mode.