Good old "peer holds all free leases" appearing in a (formerly) very stable setup

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Feb 19 18:11:23 UTC 2014

On 02/19/2014 05:22 AM, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied. We are aware of our archeologic datacenter
> and on the way to upgrade it soon.
> I'll test the embedding of the pool in the subnet declaration to see
> whether it improves the situation (and let you know).

Pools in the subnets they refer to is a good habit in any case, and may
even be mandatory in 4.x.

Meanwhile a possibility I haven't seen mentioned yet is that because
your second pool is so small if you have any DHCP reservations in it, or
there are static hosts in the range that answer ICMP, it will adversely
affect the ability of the servers to balance.

hth,

Doug