DHCP Relay over transit-network

Muenz, Michael m.muenz at spam-fetish.org
Tue Dec 30 11:59:10 UTC 2014

Am 30.12.2014 um 12:24 schrieb Simon Hobson:
> Just bear in mind that I've limited experience with the ISC relay
> agent ... That doesn't sound right. The relay agent on firewall 1
> should be using an address in the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet as that is how
> the server identifies the packet as coming from that subnet. But can I
> clarify, is the 10.5.5.1 in the packet header source address, or the
> DHCP GI-Addr field ? The server should not have a problem with it in
> the packet header as long as the GI Addr field is correct. Does each
> server have a route to the 10.5.5.0 subnet ?

Thanks for your fast reply Simon!
10.5.5.1 is the source address of the dhcp packet (FW1), as it is the
nearest interface to the dhcp server. I've also tried to do source nat
on the firewall, so that the packet came from 10.0.0.1, but also no
reply from the dhcp.
In the man page, there's an option to modify the GI field (-m), but I
can't find any examples on the net for my case.

Best regards
Michael