PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout

Mahmood N nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 18:53:47 UTC 2014

Hello,
This is the last email. I finally solved it by adding the udp ports tot he firewall as stated by Phil.

The task is done by adding the following lines into /etc/sysconfig/iptables

-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 69 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 67 -j ACCEPT

and then restarting the iptables service.

Thank you very much for help.

Regards,
Mahmood

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 2:18 PM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

On 06/08/14 09:10, Mahmood N wrote:

>      # iptables -t filter -L -v -n
>      Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
>         24  6006 REJECT     all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0

Surely this is the problem? This iptables rule permits established,
ICMP, loopback then TCP, but nothing for UDP. The only reason DHCP is
working is that dhcpd
 uses raw sockets.

Remove or fix your iptables rules, I think.