Identify and respond to vendor-specific information, Polycom-ssip 6100

Kitterman, Scott stk at unh.edu
Tue Sep 17 19:33:12 UTC 2013

On 09/17/2013 03:01 PM, Peter Rathlev wrote:

On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 19:32 +0000, Kitterman, Scott wrote:
> I am trying to identify a VOIP conference phone, "Polycom SSIP 6100",
> vendor-specific information and reply with an option-128 string
> specifying the correct 802.1q vlan the Polycom should change to.

--- Cut ---

I'd take a look at the phone and see what the VLAN menu says.

Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
It is not too surprising the Polycom documentation that I have does not match the DHCP traffic.
Your response confirms some of what I thought and points me to where to look for the problem.
I will take a look at the phone.

Thank you!
Scott Kitterman
UNH IT