Need vendor class identifier advice

Keith Perry (perryk) perryk at cisco.com
Mon Sep 16 14:01:30 UTC 2013

The boolean match syntax you have appears to be correct.  I use the same exact syntax in a number of scenarios and it works just fine.   Here's how I would accomplish what you need to do.  I don't bother with sub classes, just create a class and add all the different string/substring matches you want to be in that classs.  In my case, I have one class which has 10 different string/substring matches that belong to it.

################
#   IPPHONE Vendor Class #
################

class "IPPHONE" {
     match if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 28) = "Cisco Systems, Inc. IP Phone"
     or substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 14) = "Cisco IP Phone";

}

# The following line populates the lease file with the Vendor Class Identifier
# that the client sends.
#

set vendor-string = option vendor-class-identifier;

Regards,

Keith