repopulating cleaned ddns zone

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Sep 13 00:46:34 UTC 2013

I have a 4.1.1 dhcp server configured to update a bind9 server with ddns
using:

ddns-update-style interim;

I had to reset the zone that all of the currently outstanding leases are
in.  I thought that the next time a lease is updated it will just re-add
the record and soon enough the zone will be repopulated.  Seems I was
wrong about that.  I am guessing the dhcp server is making some kind of
"I've already done that so I don't need to do it again" kind of decision
based on having added a record before.

Is there any way I can force either a complete repopulation of the ddns
zone from the existing leases or at least force the next renewal of each
lease to re-populate the zone?

Cheers,
b.