OMSHELL script

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Tue Sep 10 16:22:50 UTC 2013

So, I was working on some simple OMSHELL scripts - and I can
interactively do these things, but a bash script to do them fails.

If I do the following interactively it works:
---
omshell
server 10.1.1.1
port 7911
key omapi_key "someverysecretkey=="
connect
new failover-state
set name="dhcp-failover"
set local-state = 4
update
---
And here's the script - culled from an example in the archives.
---
#!/bin/bash
# set local server into partner-down mode
omshell << EOF
server 10.1.1.1
port 7911
key omapi_key "someverysecretkey=="
connect
new failover-state
set name="dhcp-failover"
set local-state = 4
update
EOF
---
Yet here's the output when run as "bash -x script"

+ omshell
> obj: failover-state
> obj: failover-state
name = "dhcp-failover"
> obj: failover-state
name = "dhcp-failover"
local-state = 4
> can't update object: not found
obj: failover-state
name = "dhcp-failover"
local-state = 4

It certainly looks as though it selects the failover-state object, but
then fails when I try to select the defined dhcp-failover object, and
so I can't set "local-state" since I never selected an object.

Perhaps this is something wrong with my bash environment - but I
certainly can't see it. [And if so, it probably doesn't belong here.
Yet I can't find any similar hits in the archives, and I have no idea
where to look for what might be getting me on the bash side.]

I'm just lost and I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out
exactly what's causing the issue so I can resolve it without luck.

TIA
-Greg

--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
503.251.0452 x121 Voice | 503.251.0452 Fax
mailto:gregs at sloop.net