dhcp6.remote-id available ?

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Mon Oct 21 12:51:34 UTC 2013

We had the same problem a while ago.

Unfortunately this is not implemented in the ISC DHCPv6 Server.

You can not access that value to log it or use some triggers as it is not made
available by the actual code (or has this changed in the meantime?)

We would like to implement native IPv6 for our cable customers. But missing a
way to access this value, we have no means to log or control what address was
assigned to a customer.

Kind regards

Benoit Panizzon
--