two different instances of the vendor-options

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Oct 14 07:34:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 13:03 +0000, Mironov, Ivan wrote:
> Now, I need to send two different instances of this option. I've modified the dhclient.conf:
>
> option dhcp6.vendor-class code 16 = {integer 32, integer 16, string};
>
> But dhclient sends only the second one.

That's because the latter overwrites the former.

> Is there valid way to modify config to send two different instances of the vendor-options?

Not as far as I know. You would want something like

 option dhcp6.vendor-class code 16 = array of {integer 32, integer 16, string};

but ISC DHCPd only supports arrays of fixed length type, which means
that "string" and "text" cannot be part of the equation.

I'm not 100% sure how the DHCP server composes compound options but you
might be able to supple just a "string" and sort out the internal
formatting yourself.

--
Peter