"option netbios-node-type 2" being ignored by macs

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Wed Nov 13 15:07:50 UTC 2013

On 13 Nov 2013, at 14:39, Tim Cantin wrote:

> ignoring our global setting (option netbios-node-type 2). Student macs appear to be OK, and a vanilla mac as well... but once it has our image on it, this happens.

	Do you know for sure that what you describe as "our image"
	is indeed requesting this option?  Is this different on a
	vanilla Mac?

	Server-side packet capture or custom logging can tell you which options
	the client specifies in its requested parameter list (option 55).

	I hope this helps.

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services