Breaking a failover setup

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Tue Jul 9 14:42:58 UTC 2013

Hello, I see lots of documentation and examples about configuring
failover partnerships, but not the reverse. As part of a larger project,
we are planning to break apart an active failover setup and migrate to a
(single) new server. What is the best process to go from a 2 server
failover partnership to 1 server without impacting clients (maintaining
active lease states)?

Should I simply copy the config (sans failover) and the leases file from
the current primary failover partner to the new server, or do I need to
do something special to break apart the failover partnership (such as
putting the secondary server in partner-down state) before migrating the
new server?

Thanks,
--Blake