CPE with static IP address

David Ganor david at oliver-solutions.com
Mon Jan 14 08:53:33 UTC 2013

Hi Sztrepka_Pál,
Option 82 is related to, and added by, a DHCP-relay (look for RFC#3046), which is an entity between DHCP-clients and a DHCP-server.
In a DOCSIS network the DHCP-Request from a CPE (connected to an CM) is "trapped" by a DHCP-relay in order to forward it to the DHCP-server with option#82 added to the frame.
I think that the solution you're looking for (at least part of it) is to set up a DHCP-relay and config it to add the required information.

HTH,
David Ganor