DHCP Roaming

James Jalbert jjalbert at rsu39.org
Thu Feb 14 13:34:19 UTC 2013

Yeah, I looked at classes but did not look like an easy task. Thanks for all your help.

James Jalbert
Network Administrator
Eastern Aroostook RSU #39
Phone: 207-493-4246
E-Mail: jjalbert at rsu39.org

On 14 February 2013 13:21, James Jalbert <jjalbert at rsu39.org> wrote:
> But Subnet D is also going to have fixed-address clients. is there a way to stop them from roaming?

Not easily, you would need to look at setting up a class and adding
each allowed mac address to the class then restrict the pool to
clients only in the defined class. It would be a lot easier to just
separate out managed/unmanaged clients into different subnets (and
from a security point of view would enable you to limit the damage
unmanaged clients can do).

Steve