Class / Subclass Assignment for known / unknown hosts

Daniel Hoffmann daniel.hoffmann at kabelsat-bergen.de
Sun Feb 10 19:49:25 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I have several subnets and multiple gateways relaying dhcp request. I'ld
like to assign dynamic leases, depending they are member of a class or
not. If Not, devices shall get an offer from a private subnet.
But I do not know how to seperate known from unknown hosts in a class
declartion.

class "giaddr_1_known" { match if
(binary-to-ascii(10,8,".",packet(24,4)) = "<giaadr_1>") }

subclass "giaddr_1_known" 1:aa:bb.cc:dd:ee:ff;

## unknown hosts from giaddr_1 should get leases from here
subnet x.x.x.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
     pool {
         range 1.1.1.2 1.1.1.254;
         allow members of "giaddr_1_unknown";
     }
}

## hosts with subclass declaration should get leases from here
subnet yyy.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
     pool {
         range 194.20.12.2 194.20.12.254;
         allow members of "giaddr_1_known;