how prevent IP conflict

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 22:11:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 10:26:11PM +0100, Pol Hallen wrote:
> Hi all, I'm sorry for question but I didn't found a correct way to solve
> my problem.
>
> I've a small lan (less than 10 machines) 192.168.1.0/24 and one server
> (192.168.1.200)
>
> dhcp runs perfectly but someone (for stupid game) put his machine to
> static IP address: static same IP of server, lan goes down.
>
> So, what's the best choice to prevent this situation? Do a subnet?

Go & visit him with a large lead hammer & noisy dog.

Seriously: people should not be playing games like this. You should not need to
waste your time trying to come up with a technical solution for what is
basically someone behaving badly.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/