Keep hosts Mac address

David Forrest drf at maplepark.com
Thu Dec 5 13:24:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013, Prunk Dump wrote:

> This is exactly what I want ! But I need to keep the built-in version
> of the DNS update. In the documentation It is say to copy the script
> of the top of the server/dhcpd.c file in the commit event. But I can
> read this in the source code :

> Where can I find a example configuration file ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> PELLEGRIN Baptiste.

I made no changes to the source code at all and suspect that the logging
is just an addition to other dhcpd operations.  My section quoted earlier
is in my dhcpd.conf only. I am using isc-dhcpd-4.2.5-P1 with my
dhcpd.conf.  Maybe the dhcpd.conf man page would help -- see the logging
section.  I cannot help with any changes to the dhcpd.c file.

I could share my dhcpd.conf in a private message exchange if that would
help but the section previously quoted plus the following statement are
the only additions I made involving logs/logging:
log-facility local1;  # per /etc/rsyslog.conf setting

Dave
--
David Forrest      e-mail: drf at maplepark dot com
Maple Park Development     http://www.maplepark.com