Proper use of "allow/deny unknown-clients"?

Warner, Bill bill.warner at earlywarning.com
Fri Aug 23 18:56:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

How can I split a sting based on a field separator.  I've been using
option82 tags from the switch to help automate booting my big data (Hadoop
and cassandra) nfs/ramdisk root clusters.  The circuit-id comes to me in the
form:

                hostname:switchname

Of which I can use a line in dhcp.conf like:

                option host-name = substring(option agent.circuit-id, 0, 8);

to automatically assign the hostname on boot.

To optimize operations we've changed the hostname convention slightly to the
effect of:

                Hostnam:switchname

So the substing command wont pick up the correct hostname any longer as it
will include the ':'

What might I be able to do in order to split this string on the ':' rather
than start poing and number of chars?

Thanks,

-Bill