dhcpleasequery with static host decl

Chris Buxton clists at buxtonfamily.us
Wed Aug 7 18:25:06 UTC 2013

On Aug 7, 2013, at 5:19 AM, Sztrepka Pál <szpal at szarvas.hu> wrote:

> I dont know Simon, initially I applied the 'reserved' leases in my dhcp subnet-config,
> (infinite-is-reserved true; default-lease-time 0xffffffff;)
> but a lot of home routers was not able to read this lease time.
> (Practically they are asked again and again for their ip addresses…)

That's not the same thing. Simon was referring to actually editing the dhcpd.leases file to add the word "reserved" to a lease. This makes it operate much like a reservation, but also much like a dynamic lease. Best of both worlds. No infinite lease time.

You would have to either use omshell to do this or else stop dhcpd, edit the leases file, and start it again.

Regards,
Chris Buxton