dhcpleasequery with static host decl

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 11:07:44 UTC 2013

Sztrepka_Pál wrote:
> I know that static host declarations not really lease entries.
> I know that now the isc dhcp server can not handle those DHCPLEASEQUERY
> requests.
> (isc dhcp reply: DHCPLEASEUNKWOWN (0 associated IPs)
> But, whether there is any way to solve this "problem"?

How about reserved leases ?
A reserved lease acts the same as a regular lease, except that it is permenently tied to one client even after it expires. IIRC you simply need to add "Reserved" to an existing lease (or add a basic lease skeleton with Reserved) - either by editing the leases file or with OMSHELL.

Because it's now a regular lease, it goes through the normal lifecycle with DDNS updates, etc.