Frame Tagging

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Fri Aug 2 14:30:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, George Sexton wrote:
<snipp/>
> I've done networking for a long time, and never tried to use VLANs before. I
> bought some wireless access points that had it, along with the ability to do
> multiple SSIDs and I thought it would be a neat way to segment my wifi
> network.
>
> It would be really nice if dhcpd were doing the right thing here...

just to add something different to this mess.

I never really run my dhcp servers with multiple legs into different networks.

I usually just setup dhcp relays to the dhcp servers from the routers connecting to the different network segments (vlans).

Matter of fact its quite normal for me to have the dhcp servers in separate vlans where there is not a single client.

Makes for a much cleaner and simpler setup than the mess of having to put the server into each and every segment / vlan.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2