RFCs supported by ISC DHCP. Is doc/References.* out of date?

Gary Johnson garyjohn at spocom.com
Fri Apr 19 17:53:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-19, Glenn Satchell wrote:
> Even simpler, look at the RFCs, then look at the man page for dhcp-options
> and see what is covered there. Pretty much al dhcp options are pre-defined
> or covered by he Define Your Own Options setting.
>
> ISC dhcpd is very flexible when it comes to defining options.

I'm all for using the man pages, and ISC's DHCP client and server
are pretty good about allowing users to define options themselves,
as long as their structures are simple, I but I've found the man
pages terribly confusing and unclear when it comes to knowing what
ISC configuration variables apply to what options, especially when
it comes to distinguishing between DHCP[v4] and DHCPv6 options.

Regards,
Gary