dhcrelay and ipip tunnels

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Sat Sep 8 08:40:31 UTC 2012

--On 8 September 2012 08:31:30 +0100 Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk>
wrote:

> It may even be possible to run the relay agent on the gateway if you can
> set it up in some sort of partitioned environment with it's own ethernet
> interface such that it uses one interface and it's server traffic goes
> via the local wire and back in on the main ethernet interface (and
> vice-versa for return packets).

If running under Linux you can use a veth device pair to achieve
this:
  ip link add FOO type veth peer name BAR
These can participate in bridges so I'm pretty sure they would work.

I'm not sure you need a separate network container though. I would
have thought some policy routing might be enough.

--
Alex Bligh