Configuration by subclass and subnet

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 05:33:11 UTC 2012

Joao E Pereira Jr wrote:

>1)If I configure:
>
>subnet A {
>         option switch-controller one;
>}
>
>subnet B {
>         option switch-controller two;
>}
>
>Works fine, I am currently using this configuration. Clients from subnet A get
>controller one and clients from subnet B
>get controller two. The drawback is that all clients (regardless device type)
>get option 43 without side effects.

Clients that don't request the option should not be getting it. Do
you have an option list overrides that are forcing the list of
options ?

>So, no matter scope class is declared, it is interpreted in global scope ...

Correct, class declarations are always global in scope, as are host
declarations. However, putting these inside a subnet can cause some
"interesting" (and almost certainly undesired) option inheritance
issues. General advice, just don't do it.

--
Simon Hobson