Configuration by subclass and subnet

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Oct 18 14:32:28 UTC 2012

The subnet (or pool) matches on each relay agent already, so putting it in
a class is making hard work for yourself.

If several subnets have the same option 43 value then they could be put in
a group.

A class for all the non-relay specific items is a good idea though, eg
base on vendor-id or other specific item that identifies those devices.

I think Simon also mentioned, that the dhcp server only sends the options
a client requests, so if the client doesn't request option 43 then it
won't be sent. This simplifies things a lot.

regards,
-glenn