CPE on CPE ip's in a cablemodem network.

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed May 30 13:38:56 UTC 2012

Hi Espen

The first match statement can be written a little more efficiently, with
no loss in readability, and similarly for the subclasses.

class "students" {
     match option agent.remote-id;
}
subclass "students" 0:26:24:8f:79:a9;
subclass "students" 0:1d:ce:f:46:c3;

In the original match statement there is only one value in the
arguments, so pick-first-value() is not required. Secondly you can match
the byte string directly, no need to convert to ascii first. If you
leave the quotes off, you can represent a binary string as a series of
hex digits (see dhcp-eval man page where this is covered).

regards,
-glenn