lease renewal activity

Jamie Savage jsavage at yorku.ca
Fri Mar 30 13:38:14 UTC 2012

Jim/Simon/Edward,
      Thanks for your responses.   I had not thought of the possibility of
the ACK from the DHCP server not making it back to the client for whatever
reason.  I'm not familiar with what the client does in this case.  Simon,
in this situation, you've suggested the client will DHCPREQUEST more
aggressively and then finally give up and start all over with a
DHCPDISCOVER..........correct?

Jamie Savage  |  Senior Communications Technician  |  University
Information Technology
010 Steacie Science Building  |  York University  |  4700 Keele St. ,
 Toronto ON  M3J 1P3 Canada
T: 416.736.2100 x22605  |  F: 416.736.5830  |  jsavage at yorku.ca  |
www.yorku.ca

York UIT will NEVER send unsolicited requests for passwords or other
personal information via email.  Messages requesting such information are
fraudulent and should be deleted.