Debu messages in ISC???

Edward DeLargy eddelargy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:00:09 UTC 2012

Hello,
       If I am not mistaken you can tell the conf file what file and where
to put the debug info. By default it goes into messages.

   -

   -p <portnum> — Specify the udp port number on which dhcpd should listen.
   The default is port 67. The DHCP server transmits responses to the DHCP
   clients at a port number one greater than the udp port specified. For
   example, if the default port 67 is used, the server listens on port 67 for
   requests and responses to the client on port 68. If a port is specified
   here and the DHCP relay agent is used, the same port on which the DHCP
   relay agent should listen must be specified. Refer to Section 25.2.4 *DHCP
   Relay Agent*<http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/3/html/System_Administration_Guide/s1-dhcp-configuring-server.html#DHCP-RELAY-AGENT>for
details.
   -

   -f — Run the daemon as a foreground process. This is mostly used for
   debugging.
   -

   -d — Log the DHCP server daemon to the standard error descriptor. This
   is mostly used for debugging. If this is not specified, the log is written
   to /var/log/messages.
   -

   -cf <filename> — Specify the location of the configuration file. The
   default location is /etc/dhcpd.conf.
   -

   -lf <filename> — Specify the location of the lease database file. If a
   lease database file already exists, it is very important that the same file
   be used every time the DHCP server is started. It is strongly recommended
   that this option only be used for debugging purposes on non-production
   machines. The default location is /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases.
   -

   -q — Do not print the entire copyright message when starting the daemon.

hope this helps,

Ed DeLargy