DHCP Server 4.2.3-P2 with failover and -chroot

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Mar 29 00:11:21 UTC 2012

In the jail you'll need etc/nsswitch.conf, plus any libraries and files to
implement the hosts resolution methods you specify there. eg if you use
files then you'll need etc/hosts; if you use dns then you'll need
etc/resolv.conf plus the appropriate libraries (probably something like
lib/libnss*). A lot of this depends on when the chroot() function is
called - it can be done early (before files and sockets are opened) or
late (after all the required files and sockets are open).

This varies a  bit by distro, and I haven't done this on RedHat. Some
systems have a script of man page for setting up anonymous ftp, which also
uses a chroot jail. A similar setup applies here so those documents may
help.

regards,
-glenn