dhcpd.conf logging statement documentation

Vasiliy Molostov molostoff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:22:36 UTC 2012

man page states for logging statement with the following example:

  logging {
            channel update_debug {
                 file "/var/log/update-debug.log";
                 severity  debug 3;
                 print-category yes;
                 print-severity yes;
                 print-time     yes;
            };
            channel security_info    {
                 file "/var/log/named-auth.info";
                 severity  info;
                 print-category yes;
                 print-severity yes;
                 print-time     yes;
            };

            category update { update_debug; };
            category security { security_info; };
       };

as you can see there is severity can be defined.
before digging sources for understanding its syntax I would ask community -
perhaps there is some document reference for it already....

Please dont offer syslog, since I have stated already that Im not going to
configure it, because I want to configure only dhcpd.conf. Also, please note
that I have asked for a document reference.