multiple hardware ethernet statements per host

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Jul 11 05:31:26 UTC 2012

The label in the host statement needs to be unique, so something like this
will work:

host laptop.example.org {
  fixed-address 10.1.16.11;
  hardware ethernet ff:ff:ff:ff:ff;
}
host wl-laptop.example.org {
  fixed-address 10.1.16.11;
  hardware ethernet ff:ff:ff:ff:fe;
  # maybe need this too?
  option host-name "laptop.example.org";
}

If you set use-host-decl-names true, then you can add an option host-name
to the appropriate host statement. If you let the client set the hostname
then it doesn't matter.

regards,
-glenn