logging Option 82 contents of DHCP request when no free leases available

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Tue Jan 31 18:33:56 UTC 2012

I have the same question as was posted to the list back in January 2010,
and which didn't seem to get answered:

  https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2010-January/010783.html

That person had a "log()" statement in the global scope in dhcpd.conf,
where he wanted to log every request coming in.  But the log statement
only fired off when the DHCP request ended up assigning a lease -
otherwise, all he saw was the standard "no free leases" message.

I'm experiencing the same issue at the moment - I want to get the Option
82 values from all DHCP requests into syslog, including those that do
not result in getting a lease assigned.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

	-- Ed